According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC), approximately ten people per day become the victim of accidental drowning. This reason alone is why everyone needs to learn how to swim and become accustomed to the water.
You may be in the best shape of your life, but without proper technique, you are only putting yourself in harm’s way. Using the skills taught by our instructors will last you a lifetime and allow you to enjoy the beautiful waters of South Florida (or wherever you may be) without fear.
Take into consideration the benefits of learning to swim:
- Swimming is great exercise that helps keep you fit and in shape. If you hate exercising, this is a great, fun way to actually enjoy it. It is a low impact exercise and is especially great for those who suffer from Arthritis.
- Swimming is a fantastic way to enjoy a fun activity with the family. Pack a picnic lunch, grab the blanket and sun umbrella and enjoy a nice, relaxing day at the beach!
- Swimming is a skill that will allow you to be employed as a lifeguard, which is a great and rewarding career or as a summer job for teens. You can also be gainfully employed in the military with advanced swimming skills.
- Swimming allows you to build self-esteem. Doing something well builds character and self-confidence in children.
- Knowing that you or your child has the ability to swim well gives you peace of mind. This is especially welcomed when your child goes to spend the night with a friend that has a pool.
- Swimming well leads to more adventurous sports and activities that are water related. Surfing, skiing, diving, wakeboarding and other activities are fun to be a part of, not to mention the possibilities of college scholarships awarded to those who perform well in these areas.
These are just a few of the wonderful reasons why you should learn to swim.
Not everyone likes the water as much as we do here at Powers Swimming, but the fact of the matter is, the chances of someone staying clear of water for their entire lifetime is pretty inconceivable. If you are interested in taking a course, please do not hesitate to contact us at 561-596-5199. Get powerful swimming lessons at Powers Swimming today!